Friday, July 18, 2014

July 16th



Today was our long awaited US Consulate appointment. We were thankful Eva picked us up at 7:40am. When we approached the building, there were two long lines. One side for people waiting for their Visa's to travel to the US and one side for immigration to the US. I was thankful we went to a door with no line...the adoption line. It was such an early morning for us, I didn't take many pictures with my phone, which I regret.



By the time they were ready for us, there were 16 families waiting. Unfortunately, we couldn't take our cell phones or cameras inside. We took an oath that all of our paperwork was correct and truthful.



We received a lot of Julia's paperwork today. One interesting piece was her finding ad annoucement when she was born. She is such a beautiful girl. I often think about her mom and the decision she made for Julia. It is heartbreaking when I think about what she went through, how she thought someone else might have better resources to care for Julia.  I am thankful we are Julia's family. She sure does belong to a family who loves her.

1 comment:

  1. I have loved hearing about your China trip. It sounds like you are having a great time. We can't wait to see you all and meet your new cutie!

    ReplyDelete