Saturday, July 26, 2014

July 18th

Last night we got a call from Eva saying we had a driver for today and to pick a place to go. Another pleasant surprise! Unfortunately, Eva had hurt her back and said she couldn't take us today but her supervisor, Judy could.

For the last three nights, Julia has been real fussy for nap time and nighttime. I thought maybe she might have an ear infection. Judy got her checked out and her ears looked fine. I was relieved about that.

I will say Julia has really attached to me (which I'm thankful for) but sleeping is what many adopted children struggle with. We have seen some of that now in Julia. Today, I noticed her putting her hand on the mattress, feeling it then looking at the palm of her hand. From what I've heard and I've actually seen in the Chenzhou orphanage, and I did confirm with Judy, her mattress was a bamboo sheet with plywood under the bamboo; quite a difference from a normal mattress.

We decided to go back to Shaimen Island today. After a nice lunch at Lucy's (we were ready for American food now) we headed back to a shop called "Amy's" unfortunately, she wasn't open. It started pouring down rain and we decided just to come back to hotel.


I started packing with Julia. We are all excited to leave tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment