Saturday, July 26, 2014

July 26th

It has been one week since we have been home with Julia. It has been a great week with our new addition!







With China being 13 hours ahead of us, we are still struggling with jet lag. I really think the first 4 to 5 days were just a blur. Even though I work a midnight shift, it is still challenging. Jake & Grant continue to stay up all night.


Julia is doing great! So far, since the second night she has slept in her crib and takes naps in her room. We are soooo happy about that! She has her first doctor's appointment Monday 7-28-14 and our first post adoption visit with our social worker, too.

I wanted to post some special thank you's tonight.

Our family has been blessed by some of our church family members providing meals or being invited for dinner this week. I want to thank Sandy M. for starting a meal train for our family. I cannot say enough how this has helped us out.

I also want to say thanks to some ladies in our church: Shannon, Michelle, Susan, and Karen for throwing us a beautiful shower 2 days before leaving for China. Unfortunately, I didn't get everyone in the picture since we took it at the end of the shower. I regret not taking it at first. The shower gifts provided a lot of things for Julia I would of not thought of before. What a blessing.

Since I work midnights right now, I work with a very small amount of people. Still, I have been blessed by many of my co-workers from my Laclede family, some I don't see too often. The last night I was at work before our China trip, our security guard and friend Tim and his girlfriend, Leta gave Julia some beautiful dresses. My friend Susan W. had dropped a gift for Julia on our porch the day we got home. I was so touched by their thoughtfulness.

Last night in our mailbox, we received a gift card from my Laclede family. Thank you to: Tracy B, Brian, Lillian, Aaron, Sue P, Lisa D, Laura R, Cynthia C, Mary & Todd L, Julie D, Doug, Mike S, Tammie B, Ronnie, Amy, Montay, Judy, Linda V, Jan, LaSandra ,and Dexter. Thank you all for your thoughtfulness, generosity, and kindness. I hope to try and bring Julia to work next week.

I'm sorry I didn't post my days for a while. Nick and I sat down tonight to catch up and post all the previous dates to share.











No comments:

Post a Comment